PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE CLICK LIKE!

Friday, December 24, 2010

Random moral issues, Christmas caroling, and Santa's butt

There is another family staying with us this Christmas, their lights got cut off and we're sharing the Christmas spirit or whatever. Their mom firmly believes that telling her kids that a fat guy in a red suit and gives them presents cultures the imagination. It might, but I believe even more strongly that it's not worth the disappointment of when they find out that their parents have been lying to them. My mom remembers all too clearly how bad that felt, and she's told us the story of the real St. Nick, who was basically a charitable monk. I've done a lot of research on him, he was pretty awesome but doesn't seem like the type of guy who would appreciate parents lying to their kids.
Another issue is that the kids have spent their small lives feasting on chicken TV dinners. We all eat at the same table, me being the only herbivore it gets kind of awkward when curious eyes stare at my tofu, call it gross, and offer me some of their dead chicken with endless questions about why I won't take it. I sincerely want to convert someone (she really liked tofu when she tried it) but fake meat is more expensive, and trust me, when you can't even pay your light bill, the extra quarter costs a lot.
For the first time ever, I got paid to Christmas carol!!! We averaged about twenty cents a house each. My jerk of a brother rudely declined when we invited him (even though he has a great voice) so I shared some of the Oreos that a compassionate neighbor who has a soft spot for people who walk around in the Christmas weather singing at the top of our lungs gave us.


Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday Jesus!!!!
-Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment